Monday, August 4, 2008

Reason #264 why I heart David

I was going to title this post "Reason #86 to dislike my ex-husband's girlfriend" and go on a rant about the fact that she waited SEVEN FUCKING HOURS to call to tell me (and most importantly HIS DAUGHTER) that Eric was in the hospital having emergency surgery to save his fingers after a terrible accident with his table saw.

I was going to rant about the fact that she said "I probably should have called sooner, but at least I thought of it now." Yeah, it's hard to remember that the man you've been dating for a year and a half HAS A SEVEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THAT MEANS THE WORLD TO HIM, isn't it??

I was going to mention how much it pissed me off that when she did finally call, she said, not once, not twice but three times "You and Anna can come if you want but you should only stay a few minutes because he's going to be really groggy." Excuse me, but Anna does not need YOUR permission to be with her father in the hospital for as long as she needs to process what's happened.

I was going to rant about the fact that I found out this morning that she called his brother 3 hours after the accident to say "Eric wanted to ask if you could help him out tomorrow" but when Burton said "We're out on the lake on our boat and won't be back until late" she just said "Ok, thanks anyway" AND DID NOT MENTION THE FACT THAT HIS BROTHER HAD HAD AN ACCIDENT AND WAS IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

I was going to make this post about the fact that I've known ice-burgs warmer than her.

But then, after I shared all of this with David, he responded only with this:

How to Make Your Own Voodoo Doll.

And that is reason #264 why David is totally the man for me.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

OH. MY. GOD.

Can you believe the ignorance of some people? I hope Eric is ok. What a bummer, he's always just been like an accident waiting to happen - he really should have a blog.

Dee said...

Another reason you heart David---you said, "we helped Pete and Renate work on Eric's projet. " That must have included David. If that's the case, then David is pretty darned special. again !

Poor Eric, I hope he heals quickly and soon is not in so much pain. Give him our love.

Dee said...

I mean "project". geeeeeee

Anonymous said...

:0(
I am so sorry you have to deal with such an idiot dousch bag in your daughters life.

I hope the X will be OK and not have to rely on her...cause it sounds like she wouldn't have a clue how to give it and would run away