Friday, August 22, 2008

oh ma gawd

David and I went to see Wilco last night and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Music has always been an important part of my life and I could NEVER get Eric to go to concerts with me; he just wasn't interested in music at all. I remember that I did drag him to see Lyle Lovett once (WITH ALISON KRAUSS, PEOPLE) and he slept through the entire concert. The applause between songs would awaken him, he'd clap a few times, and fall back asleep. I shit you not.

David, on the other hand, is a big ol' music geek, which I mean in the most affectionate way. He has thousands and thousands of records and cds. Living with him is much like having my own record store.

So we actually LEFT THE HOUSE last night and went to a concert and it was so much fun! We were both shocked that we stayed up that late (11:30!), through not one, not two but THREE encores.

It was so great that I think we might make this whole leaving-the-house-thing a somewhat regular occurrence.

Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Dee said...

WOW! Isn't it shocking to see what the other people do for entertainment ! Concerts are exciting !
Jodi and I are going to see Reba--wanna come? I know she isn't that interested, but I'm dragging her along with me, cuz I don't want to go alone.

Jodi said...

Um, who's Wilco?

And yes sir, mom, I do want to see Reba? When is that again?

Linda said...

I wanna go see Reba! DAMN! That's what I get for livin' over here!

Dee said...

Linda, you might check to see if Reba is going to be there. But maybe not, she's in Reno right after Boise.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I love concerts. Would really like to see Wilco sometime, but I don't think my hubs would dig going with me.

I guess maybe I'll have to come to Idaho next time they're out there, hmm?