Thursday, August 7, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine

Hi. I really have nothing to say but I want to put my previous snarky-bitchy post to rest. I mean, who am I to judge if my ex-husband wants to waste the prime of his life with a woman who has the Emotional IQ of an ice-cube.

Ahem. The good news is that Eric is feeling better, although he is very, very emotional (more so than usual, which is saying a lot). But I would imagine it's got to be strange to lose a part of your body, even if it is just a finger tip. You know how you feel after you get a REALLY HORRIBLE hair cut and you wake up in the morning and think "Oh shit, I just had the WORST dream. Thank god I didn't actually get my hair cut by Edward Scissor Hands on crack"...and then you go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and realize ACK!! It wasn't a dream!! Well, it's got to be the same when you've cut off a digit with a table saw. Only, unfortunately, it won't grow back. But, ever the little-ray-of-sunshine that I am, I got him laughing about it last night by coming up with outrageous stories he can tell now when people ask. He especially liked I-got-in-a-fight-with-a-bear-and-the-tip-of-my-finger-is-
somewhere-in-Montana-in-a-pile-of-grizzly-shit story.

Hey, I'm just happy to help.

Other good news: the wedding plans are coming along nicely, due to the fact that I've somehow managed to pawn off most of the responsibilities onto my sister, my mom, and my niece! Wahooo!!! They are having so much fun tormenting me by threatening to use seashells on everything. See, after living on the Oregon coast for 8 years, I have an aversion to sea shells. NOT the real ones that you find during a stroll along the beach...no, I'm talking seashells of the souvenir-variety. There was one time when my mom and sisters came to visit and I MAY have thrown a tiny fit and yelled "If I have to go into one more tourist shop full of tacky seashell-sculptures of frogs-playing-the-banjo-while-driving-a-jalopy I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!" Or something like that. So now, oh how my family LOVES to torture me and now that they are in charge of decorating for our wedding, they have threatened me with this: and also:
My sister thinks she's soooo funny.

PS. I found a caterer!!! Wahooooooo!!!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

So who's the caterer and what are you serving? I need to know before I actually committ to coming to the wedding...

There won't be any tofu turkey will there...

kate said...

It's called Tofurkey. And no, we're not having that. But you'll LOVE the Tofondu and the Tofacos.

Dee said...

As long as the Tofacos don't have fish in them, I just can't handle that. yuk !

A TINY fit? a tiny fit? gee, you turned purple and your eyes turned red ! So you deserve the seashell razzing ! Besides, its soooooo much fun !

Dee said...

And that is so sweet of you to be so compassionate to Ex.
I know, laughing is good.

Jodi said...

If it's called "tofurkey", wouldn't they be called "tofucos"? Just curious...

Linda said...

I really like the cake topper with the "lubbly couple" on it!

Anonymous said...

See shells...and twigs, why not throw a jellyfish in there.. LOL...

Tofacos...

Linda said...

I'm getting so 'cited for yer wedding! It will be fun to see everbody!