Saturday, August 30, 2008

phone call: Saturday 9:30am

"Hello?"

"Are you warming up your vocal chords?"

"Well, I have a problem."

"Oh no, what's that?"

"Well, I'm trying to figure out how to catch a moon beam and hold it in my hand."

"AAaahh. I see."

"I mean, how do you catch a cloud and pin it down?"

"Yes, that's a problem."

"How do you solve a problem like Maria? That's what this is REALLY about."

"Well, let me ask you this: Is she a flibberdeejibbet?"

"Yes! How'd you know?!"

"Is she a clown?"

"Yes!"

"She's a devil."

"She's a LAAAAMMMMMBBBBBBB."

Do you see why I love my friend Sarah? We speak the same language. Tonight we are going to see Sound of Music at The Shop, a hip little coffee-shop; every Saturday night in the summer they show a different movie on the huge wall adjacent to their building. Sarah and I have been waiting for this for months. There is rumor of ACTUAL NUNS appearing to sing.

To say that I am excited about this is the understatement of the year. Now. If only I had some curtains to turn into leiderhosen.

4 comments:

Dee said...

You would look so cute in leiderhosen! That sounds like fun tonight----enjoy !
That was a straaaaange conversation! Good thing you two speak the same speak !

Jodi said...

I could knit you a pair of leiderhosen!

Whosyergurl said...

Kate,
You may not believe this, but YEARS AGO, I was a NUN in Sound of Music. I had the line "She makes me Laaaaauuuugggghhh!"

Where are those pics? I became so comfortable in my habit - forgot I had it on!
Hope you had fun.

A bigger stretch for me in theatre was playing the virgin Mary. I was more comfortable playing the Whore in Joseph. My Dad said I was the best whore he'd ever seen! ha. kisses, c.

Anonymous said...

Are you SURE we're not soul mates??

That sounds like so much fun I could die.