Thursday, June 17, 2010

my body is betraying me

I haven't had much to say around here lately because I have pneumonia that won't go away and basically it's all I can do to haul my carcass to work every day. But I just thought that I would share two things that are occupying my mind right now because, you know, I have no pride and it's my job to help you feel better about yourself.

*I guess this has to do with my hormones going all wonky on me due to peri-menopause, but I have the most foul body-odor lately. And the really freaky thing? It's only one arm-pit. Righty is perfectly normal and lovely, but Lefty smells like a small rodent moved in and died. WTF body??

*Also? The really cool thing about being a middle-aged woman and having pneumonia? Every time I cough I pee a little. I know, fun right??

So, carry on with your day knowing that you are infinitely more normal and well-adjusted than I am.

You're welcome.

12 comments:

JACKI said...

Thank you. I feel better about myself already...
:o}

H said...

I sniss all the time and my body odor has been all over the map. So. I feel your pain on those two fronts, at least. :)

kate said...

See what you girls have to look forward to?? But with both of you being preggers, I suppose you have your own embarrassing issues.

Sniss?? Oh my god. I've never heard it called that!

JACKI said...

I'm a little big guilty of 'sniss' too, along with the 'snart' (sneeze & fart). Aren't we daaaainty??? :o}

Jodi said...

Well, I have none of it.

JACKI said...

you liar, mom! I'm sure you 'sniss', 'snart' plus you've got the 'lone long hair growing out of your chin' syndrome! ;o}

David said...

I'm doomed.

Dee said...

We won't go into being 79 ! And all that you have to look forward to. Its a wonder anyone is allowed out of one's home.
Yeah, David----guys are so much better off. If there is a problem, its admired by other guys ! NOT FAIR!

Whosyergurl said...

comforting words!
xo, Cheryl

Linda said...

I KNOW I WAS ADOPTED. I can not possibly BE from this family. Mix up at the hospital maybe... but I KNOW I was born to a family with class and dignity.


(giggle....)

Dee said...

tee hee an ya dint larn no cooth neether. I seen ya when ya dint have nun.

ain't for city gals said...

Read your profile..I ran my first marathon at 44...12 years ago..trying to get in shape for another..maybe 1/2 this time??lol...