Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Adjö, Volvo

I've made a decision to sell my beloved Volvo. I've only had it for 5 months and I couldn't love it more. The creamy latte-colored leather seats, the sunroof, the stereo controls on the steering wheel so that I don't have to reach an entire 6 inches to turn up the volume...it's a dream to drive and gets surprisingly good mileage (26mpg) for a car that weighs approximately the same as a cement truck. Plus, hell, I admit it: I just feel cool in that car.

But WOWWWWEE is it expensive to repair and maintain. I think we (ok DAVID) paid half the Swedish Prime Minister's salary when we took it in for it's 60,000 mile oil change. Seriously. Crazy expensive. And now I live in fear of something going wrong with it and having to kiss David's toes (again) to ask him to pay for it. It's too much car for me and my meager salary. The simple truth is, I have no business driving a luxury car. Plus, it makes me sick to put so many miles on it each day (80+) driving to and from work.

So I'm going to look for something like a Toyota or Honda or maybe even go back to my trusty Subaru. Something more in-line with the reality of my circumstances. I know, crazy, right?

Now I am going to go roll around naked on those yummy leather seats while I still can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love our Nissan...

Dee said...

Don't send a picture, ok?

I hate that you have to sell the only car that you absolutely love ! But , yeah, I guess they are horribly expensive to maintain.
Well, shoot !

kate said...

Aah, it's just a car. And not worth the stress of feeling like I'm one transmission repair from living under a bridge, ya know? Although, I guess I COULD sleep in the car... ;D

Linda said...

Rolling around naked on the,... no, nope, huh-uh,...

The visual!!! Oh, MY EYES! I'm going blind!!!!!!

kate said...

You frickin DORK.

You just made me spit all over my monitor!!!

Whosyergurl said...

Hi, Kate.

I LOVE my Honda Civic EX. When we drove it from IN to CO, we hit 40mpg on the nose. It is a 2003, paid for and I'm going to keep it FOREVER!

there is a new model in a beautiful blue...mine is RED and yeah, it looks good on me!

Cheryl (WHOSYERGURL)

Jodi said...

Well, sorry, I agree with Linda. After the visual you gave, I just couldn't even comment. I'd leave that part off the ad when you sell it or no one will buy it.