Wednesday, September 10, 2008

::oh, baby::

Awhile back I blogged about my urge to knit, specifically for a baby, since the size and scope of baby objects can usually keep my interest long enough to complete. Unfortunately, I don't know any newborn babies at the moment. Well, good news! My niece is going to have a baby! Wasn't that so thoughtful of her to answer my wishes? She did it just for me.


One of the things I posted was this:







I have been wanting to try quilting, although it terrifies me. Then I saw this amazing rag quilt and thought "Hey, I could probably do that without screwing it up too badly." And then, because I am a fabric-nerd, I tracked down the EXACT fabric she used:



I even got all crazy and added a couple extra fabric selections (the stripe and the dots). Aren't the colors fabulous? We don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl, but this can go either way. Orange and green....yummmm.....


Oh baby, now I have a reason to spend the fall and winter in my "craft cave" creating...Next stop: YARN STORE!!

5 comments:

Dee said...

That is gorgeous material ! And will make a gorgeous quilt ! What fun it will be to work on it and know just how it will look !

Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful. Wanna make me one?

Sorry I haven't been saying much around here lately...I have not forsaken you. Instead, I've been frankly staying away from discussions about politics until I bring my opinions to a more cohesive... uh.. ball, or something. You know what I mean.

Very happy to hear things are moving forward with the dress though, as that IS what is the most important thing right now, and don't you forget it. I can't WAIT to see pictures!

Jodi said...

Oh that's going to be such a cute blanket! Looks like fun. I've got to think of something I can make. It sure makes winter go faster if you've got something fun to do...

Anonymous said...

hey.....anything for you aunt kate. glad i could be of service.

kate said...

Lisa, good, so that means you'll name him Calvin? : )