Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I've chosen poorly

Yesterday, when Anna and I got home from school, she ran in the house to tell David that she's worn me down and I've agreed to get her a fish for her birthday. A Beta, to be exact. Acting appropriately excited, David said "Oh! I love fish! Especially with a little lemon!" Anna, who thankfully gets his sense of humor, put her hands on her hips, turned to me shaking her head and said "Mommy, you picked the WRONG man from the pound."

and that's just all I have today because my head? It turned into snot-factory over the weekend, so we're far too busy using an entire forest's worth of kleenex to do any deep thinking.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Betas live for freakin' EVER! However, if you get tired of him, you could do what dad did. Wait til someone has boiled some water, pretend to be changing the water in his bowl, take him out and drop him in the boiling water while you give him fresh water in his bowl. OOPS! Guaranteed to work...


Maybe you could trade David for a chiwawa (how do you spell that????)

kate said...

Really?? Dad did that? I don't remember...it must not have been my fish. But you just cast suspicion about every animal that I loved that died...my bunnies? Heat stroke or dad?? My kitties? Owls or dad?? hmmmm....

About the Beta, I have a very strict "no animals in cages" rule and I've managed to stick to it despite many pitiful pleas. But a fish, eh...I'm not too worried about the physcological damage to a fish, plus they're easy to take care of. Which SHE will be doing. Or else...oops!