Tuesday, September 11, 2007

i'm marrying my sister

I don't think that's legal, even in Kentucky. I should say "I'm performing the ceremony" for my sister and her fiance, Bob this weekend, on the Oregon Coast. And actually, this is my second wedding service. How, you ask, does an avowed Atheist like me get away with such blasphemy? Well, when I performed my brother and sister-in-law's wedding, he ordained me as "Minister of the Church of the Great Outdoors", which is what he and his hillbilly friends call it when they go out hunting on a Sunday morning. And it was appropriate, since their wedding was held on the banks of a gorgeous river, under towering Ponderosa Pines surrounded by beautiful mountains. We all wore levis and ate strange meat (well, they did) and we drank wine out of bottles wrapped in duct-tape and some "moonshine" type crap poured out of a plastic gasoline container. (My brother is, um, different. In a good way.)


ANYWAY, my sister's wedding will be held on the beach...also all of us in levis and, because it is the Oregon coast, rain gear. I don't have an official designation this time, because it's Oregon, which means if you wanted your pet patchouli-smelling, pot-smoking, guiatar-playing GOAT to marry you, that would be just fine.


Here's the happy couple. I just can't even begin to explain this photo. If any of my family would like to try, go right ahead.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

ok - the outfits...

We had a going away party for Linda and bob before they moved to the coast. Bob's shoes are "deck" shoes - can't you tell????

inda's outfit, well, you know how she likes bling and other than that, I think it needs no further explaination...

Jodi said...

p.s. I hope you and Linda have a happy life together. I wouldn't marry her...

Jodi said...

p.s.s or you.

kate said...

Oh, Oh, you're just ITCHIN' for a fight aren't you?? Don't think I've forgotten about our dual. You should know I rode 16 miles on my bike yesterday, 8 of it uphill.

Bring your icepack. You are SO going to need it.

Jodi said...

Bring on those hairy legs!

Linda said...

I STILL wanna know why you guys keep talking about my outfit needing an explaination! What's wrong with my outfit??? I think it's purty!!! I'm wearin' it fer the big hitchin!!!

Linda said...

p.s. I wouldn't marry YOU either Jodi! EEEWWW! You got cooties!