1. Handmade gifts are more satisfying to give and more appreciated than store-bought.
2. READ. Anything and everything.
3. The difference between "putzying" and "puttering".
4. That you don’t need to spend $60 on moisturizer at Macy's when Oil of Olay works just as well.
5. That mothers are surprisingly FAST when you've uttered something you shouldn't have.
6. That a good dog is as much a part of the family as the people. And often preferable.
7. That when working around the house, if you TROT you can get more done in a shorter amount of time. And then you get to sit down.
8. Laughter really IS the best medicine.
9. When cooking, take time to dance in the kitchen. It makes the food taste better.
10. You can endure just about anything if you have a friend to sit in sunshine and laugh with.
11. Regardless of how many porcupine quills you’ve pulled out of a dog’s nose or puppies you've delivered or how many scrapes, bruises and gruesome accidents you’ve handled as a mother, if your daughter chooses “natural childbirth” it’s best to stay in the waiting room.
12. Offer advice only when asked for it; otherwise offer only quiet support. (ok, I'm STILL working on that one.)13. Whatever you have, SHARE it.
LOVE YOU, MOM!!!
Now dear readers, what have you learned from YOUR mom?