Friday, January 9, 2009

I want to live inside the Mad Men set

Oh my. I did not need to discover this on-line shop. It's called Mod Cloth and sweet baby jesus, I want one of everything. And it's not expensive. It's all modern but with a very retro look.


I'm envisioning myself 20 years younger, 5 inches taller and 30 pounds thinner, living in NYC with a fabulous job in publishing. This would be my wardrobe.


This dress is my favorite. Oooh my. LOVE these shoes.




































This coat? I'm really not sure I can live another day without this. NEED this.



Sigh. I was born 30 years too late.

Happy Friday everyone!

9 comments:

Dee said...

I love your choice of clothes ! The white coat is gorgeous !
A lovely dream, living in NY and wearing those clothes with that job!

H said...

LOVE IT! Everything is super cute! I love the retro look. :)

Jodi said...

So why can't you wear any of that now??? I'm going to have to check that site out, maybe they have retro jeans and sweatshirts!

Jodi said...

I sure wish I had an apron like that one dress! Yes, I sure do...

David said...

Your really do scare me.

Anonymous said...

Oh damnit, now I'm going to waste several hours drooling over everything on that website I can tell. Whenever I think about winning the lottery and getting my house redecorated, I imagine telling the designer to just make it look like the set of Mad Men. First must win lottery...

Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't mean for that to be an anonymous comment - just Maggie your occasional poster, frequent lurker unable to properly comment on Monday morning.

Anonymous said...

How did they get saucers sewn on a coat?

kate said...

Hi Maggie! OOOhhh, you love the Mad Men scene too....I knew I liked you!

David. I know that is you. You or Elmer. Those are NOT saucers. Dork.