Friday, December 5, 2008

It skips a generation.

Anna recently took part in some district-wide testing to determine if she is a candidate to be placed in the gifted program. They take only the top 2% of second-graders.

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail saying that they were gathering more information to include in her file, "personality" type information. So last night I'm filling out the questionnaire, and I'm not too proud to admit that I was literally singing "My daughter's gifted, my daughter's gifted, nuh nuh nuh nuuuh nuh!" I am thinking that I will be one of the first parents to return the questionnaire, thereby confirming that she comes from superior stock.

This morning on my way out the door, I grabbed my outgoing mail and looked at this envelope. No stamp in the corner. "Hmmm" I thought, "I KNOW I put a stamp on this last night."

10 comments:

Dee said...

L M A O ! ! ! ! ! !
I can't stop laughing ! Now, I have NEVER done that----wrote the address and put the stamp on the envelope upside down, yes.
And that , my dear, is why I don't do any paper work, or anything important at night. Mornings I can think more clearly. (sometimes )

Anonymous said...

OMG....you'd better be bleaching your hair. This is a for sure blonde thing!! I hope you fixed it so the people won't have to wonder how the heck Anna got so smart!

Anonymous said...

I would totally do this. Then I would crack up thinking about this far side cartoon:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MfsZp6tveUs/SKjQjHkxUgI/AAAAAAAAAv4/ee_zkj_cp2Y/s1600-h/farside1.gif

kate said...

Maggie, HA! That's awesome, I forgot about that one. I miss The Far Side....sigh....

Jan said...

First, I love your handwriting!!!

Secondly, my son went through the same thing type of testing / question answering at Anna's age. When he was invited to be part of the program, I sort of panicked - thinking it would "wear off" any day and the jig would be up. Exactly the opposite has turned out to be true 3 years later - and I have a hard time helping him with homework! Ack. Killed too many brain cells....

Jodi said...

And didn't you call ME a dork in my last post?????

Fancy Schmancy said...

My mother did something similar to that last year, she sent my son a card with the wrong address on it, got it back, put it in a larger envelope with the correct address and no postage. He got his valentine's day card in time for St. Patrick's day and I owed the postman $.75.

Linda said...

What a dumb-azz!!!!!

Imez said...

Seriously? That's possibly the best thing I've ever seen.

You live in Spokane? I know someone who lives there! I strongly dislike her at this point in time...but still, that's a connection of sorts...

Heidi said...

...and this is why god invented blogs.