Tuesday, March 4, 2008

did I ever tell you about the time....

that my daughter, then aged 6, found a BUMPER STICKER in a drawer and put it on my butt and I forgot about it and went out into the world? That's right, I went into a fabric store proudly sporting a bumper sticker that showed a line-drawing of a very curvy woman that said "Change how you see, not how you look."

On. my. ass.

But who knows? Maybe a woman who needed that message that day saw me and felt just a little bit better about herself. Afterall, SHE wasn't the one out in public with a sticker on her back bumper.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

hmmmmmm...

sounds like something you did to dad when you were about Anna's age. Guess what goes around, comes around!

kate said...

Yeah, but he looked cute with those pink barretts in his hair!

Jodi said...

Yea, I know Sterling Alley thought he was adorable!

Dee said...

There's a new TV series going to start that uses actual stories from real mothers, and turned into tv shows. You really could submit stories for the entire series. !
I think its called Motherhood. Not sure. Will watch for it.

thordora said...

I end up out places with stickers on my ass all the time....whomever invented stickers needs to be flogged.

David said...

The bumper sticker could have been worse. How about "Children Love Me but Fish Fear me!"

kate said...

hardeeharhar mr. calechman.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this just made my morning. Seriously. You make me want to buy bumper stickers and post them liberally on my tush every morning, so when life sneaks up behind me, I'll at least catch it off-guard.

I think I love your daughter.