Wednesday, May 6, 2009

::almost sort of practically not quite famous::

I am honored and flattered (is that redundant??) that a bag I made is being featured on one of my favorite craft sites. I haven't blogged about this bag because, well, it was almost embarrassingly easy to make and because I WAS going to give it to a dear friend for her birthday....but then I made her something else even better, something that shall not be blogged about until I give it to her next month. Ahem.

Anyway, I made this bag from a great (and FREE!) pattern from MadebyRae; I posted it on Flickr and the other day someone from Sew Mama Sew contacted me for permission to include it in an upcoming post. I have several craft blogs that I check daily for inspiration and just to see what other creative people are doing and Sew Mama Sew is one of my favorites. SMS is also an on-line store that carries some of my FAVORITE fabrics. Click here to see the post with my bag featured.

8 comments:

robyn said...

That bag is cuuuuute.

Won't you remember the little people in your life when you're all big and famous? Particularly those who used to once upon a time sometimes occasionally update their blog?

Jodi said...

Cool sister!

Dee said...

WOW! Just remember your Mother when you're famous ! awwwww, you are famous in our family, for oh,so many reasons. --- most of them too humiliating to repeat. YOU KNOW ! (you blog about most of them)

Dee said...

OK, I'm proud of you and the bag is pretty and how great is that to have it highlighted in that marvelous blog !

Cainan & Ryker said...

I found you via SMS. I'd love to make the bag too, but I didn't know where to find the pattern on MadebyRae. And clues?

Fancy Schmancy said...

Sweetie, that bag is AWESOME! I wish I had your talents! Also, I love that both you and your sister told me about your father's shark teeth. Finding them in a desert is amazingly awesome! I hope you tell more stories about him, if you feel like you can. I love hearing about him. xoxo

David said...

You didn't even mention it to me! Great job sweetie pie. Maybe I should set up a sweat shop at the house? I need someone to support me.

kate said...

Oh honey, you are always so patient and pretend to be interested when I talk about my crafts.

I'm not sure my sweatshop could support your tennis habit. Have you considered badmitten?