Melissa over at Suburban Bliss posted part of her life-list today, and it inspired me to do the same. Similar to a bucket-list, but I don't plan to kick the bucket any time soon. So here are a few things I want to do in my lifetime, in no particular order.
* Learn to speak Italian so that I can...
* Spend a year living in a small Italian town, fully immersing ourselves in Italian culture (and food)
* Para glide
* Learn to tap-dance and/or clog
* Sew a dress for myself that I feel GREAT wearing. Preferably from a vintage pattern
* Sing in public (and not embarrass myself)
* Take David to see Gillian Welch perform live
* Take Anna to The Museum of Natural History and The Smithsonian
* Own a horse
* Build something out of wood with my own two hands
* Sell something I've made myself
* Spend a few weeks alone on a tropical island with David (not, you know, STRANDED on an island. Definitely an island with hammocks and someone to cook fresh fish for us and bring us drinks)
* Go back to Switzerland
* Learn to cook Indian food
* Learn to yodel
* Finish a marathon
* Go birding in Texas and/or Florida
* Go to "The Campout" with my girlfriends
* Go to New Orleans
* Drive across the US in a vintage convertible
* Buy and refurbish a vintage Airstream trailer (possibly to pull behind our convertible as we drive across the US.)
* Visit at least one house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
* Spend the entire summer at a cabin on a beautiful mountain lake
* Learn to make authentic gelato
* Go back to the little cabin I grew up in and walk through it. And also walk the trail up behind it to the W's ranch, to see if it was as far as I remember it.
* Build a tree house
* See the Aurora Borealis
* Float the Colorado River
* Eat at Cafe Poca Cosa again
* Fly into a remote Canadian or Alaskan lake by float plane
* Own a Vespa scooter
Sure, some of these might only happen if we win the lottery. But a girl can dream. Now, what are some of yours? Either post them in the comments or on your own blog. But be sure to let me know so I can read 'em.